KVUE — Central Texas was hit with massive flooding Memorial Day weekend that destroyed hundreds of homes, and many of our neighbors have been displaced.
Here are 10 ways you can help Central Texas flood victims, either by donating or volunteering.
- The Austin Disaster Relief Network is accepting monetary donations. The fund's name is the Memorial Weekend Flood Fund. Go to the organization's website to donate.
- The United Way of Hays County is accepting monetary donations. Donate through the webpage or text "FLOODS" to 41444 to make a donation.
- The Saxon Pub in is collecting donations from 2-6 pm on Wednesday and Thursday. Go here for a full list of needed items.
- St. Bernard Sports is holding a donation drive at its store at 401 W. Third St. to benefit the Hays County Food Bank. Anyone who brings donations on the food bank's list will get 10 percent off their purchase through Sunday.
- Cabela's, Barton Middle School, Wallace Middle School, Chapa Middle School, Katherine Anne Porter School and others are accepting food donations for the Hays County Food Bank.
- Austin Pets Alive! is in need of donations, foster care and help with laundry. For more information visit the Facebook page and website.
- Serve San Marcos is asking for volunteers to help with cleanup. Go here for more information.
- The American Red Cross is in need of volunteers. Go here to find out how you can become one.
- A community Facebook page has surfaced where affected residents are seeking help restoring their homes. Check out the Austin Flood 2015 Relief page.
- For other ways to help those in need, check out the Hays County "Helping Our Neighbors" page here.
For more ways to help, see the full story on KVUE.