Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From red tape to limelight, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Acclaimed East Austin taqueria risks closure amid bureaucratic battle. Community members have poured out support for Nixta Taqueria, which is caught up in an electrical and permitting issue.
2. ACL Nights will drop tickets all at once to more than 40 festival acts in 9 Austin venues. ACL Nights, an after-hours concert series, is solving FOMO left and right — for those who can snag tickets.
3. Lyle Lovett and His Large Band show the depth of country music in 3-night Austin residency. The ACL Live shows highlighted the beloved singer-songwriter close-up, where his witty lyrics and stage charisma could be appreciated in full.
4. Austin is caught slacking in Forbes study on best cities for remote workers. Austin is (remotely) clocking in as the No. 39 best city for remote workers in 2023, according to a study by Forbes Advisor.
5. Indeed opens its global co-headquarters in high-profile downtown Austin tower. Indeed employees are finally moving into the Indeed Tower and out of the pre-existing downtown office space.