Jackie Venson joins Tameca Jones and Mélat for Amplify concert, plus more Austin music picks for late May
It’s already been a busy month for the local music scene in Austin, and things aren’t going to slow down in the back half of it. Here’s a slew of shows you should consider attending.
Buffalo Nichols at Antone’s – Wednesday, May 17
If you’re at all into blues music, then make sure you swing by Antone’s this Wednesday, May 17, to see the oft-buzzed about Buffalo Nichols. The lineup for the evening also features county act Sarah Shook & the Disarmers. Tickets for the show are $20.
Amplify LIVE at Scoot Inn – Thursday, May 18
The inaugural Amplify LIVE concert, which will benefit I Live Here I Give Here, is happening at Historic Scoot Inn this Thursday, May 18. Guitar aficionado Jackie Venson, soul singer Tameca Jones, and R&B songstress Mélat round out the bill. Tickets for this stacked night of music are $30.
Being Dead at Hole In The Wall – Friday, May 19
Indie art pop band Being Dead just dropped a new song, “Daydream,” and they’ll celebrate its arrival at Hole In The Wall this Friday, May 19. The self-described “Really Cool Single Release Show” will also feature The Stacks & Gus Baldwin and The Sketch. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 the day of the show.
Flora & Fawna at Cheer Up Charlie’s – Friday, May 19
“Costume Party” is the title of the new Flora & Fawna track that’s due out this Friday, May 19, and it’s also the theme for the release show the pop act is throwing at Cheer Up Charlie’s that night. So, get dressed up, and be sure to get there early to see EMSKIII, Moonlight Depot, and DJ Orya. Tickets are $10.
Caelin at Stubb’s – Saturday, May 20
Singer-songwriter Caelin will put out her new EP, Save Me From Me, this Friday, and then she’ll ring in the achievement with a performance at Stubb’s Indoors the following night, Saturday, May 20. Tickets for the show are $10.
Good Looks at 3TEN ACL Live – Saturday, May 27
Good Looks have been on a roll since the release of their debut album, Bummer Year, and they’ll look to carry that momentum into 3TEN ACL Live on Saturday, May 27. Lefty Parker will open for the indie folk rock band. Tickets are $15.
School’s Out Summer Series at Hotel Vegas – Sunday, May 28
Hotel Vegas will kick off its School’s Out Summer Series on Sunday, May 28. Annabelle Chairlegs and Deezie Brown will perform, Sailor Poon will be on hand to DJ, and there will be a hot dog eating contest. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 the day of the show.
- Austin rockers Darkbird release highly anticiated EP, plus more live music for April ›
- New destination for live music and food hops open on the outskirts of Austin ›
- From piano bars to speakeasy stages, where to find live music in Frisco ›
- Popular restaurant in Austin suburb brings spinoff bar and live music to Leander ›
- 5 dreamy live music happenings heating up Austin this May ›
- 7 hot live music shows to kick-start your summer in Austin ›
- The 5 far-out live music shows to see in Austin and beyond this April ›
- Live music returns to Austin's Long Center lawn with free summer concert series ›
- Austin-based app makes finding live music easier than ever ›
- 10 original Austin music venues that still rock today ›