Swanky South Congress hotspot spins open to the public, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Swanky South Congress vinyl bar spins open to the Austin public. You no longer need to be a Soho House Austin member to enjoy the vibes and the vinyl at Dante's HiFi.
2. Documentary Turn Every Page deep-dives into historic publishing partnership. Turn Every Page may be most interesting to those who have read and loved Robert Caro’s books over the past five decades, but there’s enough there to open the film wide for the uninitiated.
3. Hill Country town puts a Texas twist on Carnival season for 18th annual Cowboy Mardi Gras. Known as the "Cowboy Capital of the World," Bandera hosts a three-day Cowboy Mardi Gras that attracts over 15 thousand people from all over the world.
4. Willie Nelson bakes up more food and music than ever before at 2023 Luck Reunion. Taking place on the same week as SXSW, the smaller, more intimate festival has become a bit of a holy pilgrimage for Willie fans young and old.
5. Frontier Airlines clears unlimited travel pass for takeoff from Austin this summer. If blackout dates and traveling light sound doable, these Frontier travel passes could pay for themselves.