Wear for a cure
Kendra Scott is already basically the mayor of Austin, but for a new collection the lifestyle brand is kicking its philanthropy up a notch. This will be the first time an entire collection will give back, and the focus is turned to an indisputably important cause: breast cancer research.
Kendra Scott — who loves a Texas connection — is joining native Houston fashion influencer Nasreen Shahi (@heynasreen), for a limited-edition jewelry collection. It will include two necklaces, two pairs of earrings, and a bracelet, all named after Shahi's mother.
Although Shahi's mother is the muse, it is her own experience with breast cancer that ties the collection to the cause. The fashion maven was diagnosed in 2021, and it's the outpouring of community support that the collection celebrates.
"This is a difficult month for most survivors because you reflect on so much of your own journey," wrote Shahi on Instagram on October 1, commemorating the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The pieces are gold (with some silver options) and very simple, setting stones in abstract patterns meant to be layered. The centerpiece is an emerald eye of protection, a classic Middle Eastern motif. A release states that avoiding pink was intentional, but does not share why. From a wearer's perspective, it may feel refreshing to wear a breast cancer collection that isn't so literal, and doesn't invite questions about the wearer's intent or connection.
Photo courtesy of Kendra Scott
Kendra Scott and Shahi have been "close partners" in previous years (the influencer has been featured on the Kendra Scott blog), but this is the first collaborative collection. All pieces will result in a 20 percent donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).
The Kendra Scott x Nasreen Shahi from @heynasreen collection ($55-85) is available at kendrascott.com and in Kendra Scott retail stores.
- Susan G. Komen Big Pink Give Gala ›
- Local cancer survivor's dream wedding featured on Say Yes to the Dress ›
- Austin's most glamorous and charitable celebrate strength and survival at Perfectly Pink Party ›
- Check out these amazing art bras that are supporting Austin women ›
- Art Bra Austin goes all out for stunning evening of theatrics and philanthropy ›
- Susan G. Komen Austin is strengthening the fight against breast cancer ›
- Austin jewelry maven Kendra Scott honors moms with $100,000 'PTO' fund ›
- Kendra Scott celebrates Holley Day at Austin flagship during Breast Cancer Awareness Month ›
- Austin's flagship Kendra Scott store transforms into mini-Museum of Ice Cream for Valentine's Day ›
- Kendra Scott's $13M gift funds future of UT Austin institute for female entrepreneurs ›
- Kendra Scott steps down as CEO of billion-dollar Austin jewelry company ›
- UT Austin appoints millionaire jewelry designer to prestigious faculty position ›
- Austin fashion mogul Kendra Scott teams up with Barbie for hot pink capsule collection ›
- Kendra Scott celebrates International Women's Day with new collection and philanthropic foundation ›
- Kendra Scott brightens the holidays for Dell Children's patients and caregivers at festive event ›
- Kendra Scott debuts Yellow Rose collection during SXSW activation ›