Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From famous comedians to new festivals, concert announcements, and more, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. No joke, these 7 famous comedians all live in Austin now. Joe Rogan isn't the only famous comedian who has transplanted to the Austin City Limits in recent years.
2. Inaugural Two Step Inn brings Zach Bryan, '90s country, and a whole lot of people to Georgetown. Besides Bryan, throwback artists like Tanya Tucker, Travis Tritt, and Wynonna Judd were a major highlight.
3. Groundbreaking singer and actor Billy Porter discusses music, his Austin tour stop, and more. We spoke with Porter about his May 9 show at the Paramount Theatre, and the healing he hopes to contribute through his music.
4. Pearl Jam gifts Austin with 2 shows on very limited fall tour. Pearl Jam will hit the road this fall with only nine shows, including two nights in Austin.
5. Award-winning photographer and beekeeper brings buzzy new art to Austin's Waterloo Park. Austinites love both local art and honeybees: One local organization is combining the two for an immersive experience beginning April 23.
- SNL legends Dana Carvey and David Spade invite Austin to be a 'fly on the wall' for one night ›
- Popular podcaster Joe Rogan tied to new downtown Austin comedy club ›
- Comedy legend Dave Chappelle taps Joe Rogan for surprise 10-show Austin residency ›
- Austin's 10 hottest stories of 2022 buzz with celebrities and dramatic changes ›
- Popular podcaster Joe Rogan punches one-way ticket from LA to Austin ›