Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. This is how long Austin home buyers need to work to save for a down payment. A new study says Austin buyers will need to work for 3.64 or 6.07 years to afford a down payment on a median home value of $482,900.
2. 10 restaurants represent their cities at the 2023 inauguration, including two from Austin. The County Line and Industry — an old restaurant and a very new one — represented Austin among eight other areas across Texas.
3. Disney On Ice transforms two favorite films into one magical performance in Austin. Frozen and Encanto are coming to the ice at Cedar Park's H-E-B Center this spring.
4. Texas ranks among best states to start a business. Texas ranked as the third best state to start a business in personal finance website WalletHub's recent list of the best and worst places to start a business.
5. Local drive-in theater loses "80 percent" of its equipment after downtown Austin theft. The theater expects to stay open in a limited capacity and is accepting donations as it works to replace the stolen equipment.