Starting September 5, Austinites can get their favorite Whataburger meal hassle-free with the debut of the Texas chain's first digital kitchen in Austin. It's not just good for the body, it's good for the soul. And maybe even the future.
The new concept, located at 3201 Bee Caves Road #180, allows customers to experience the ultimate to-go experience with easy online ordering through the Whataburger app or website, cashless payments, and reduced time spent in drive-thru lines. It is the first digital-only restaurant in Whataburger's 70-year history.
The Whataburger Digital Kitchen will still be staffed by 50 employees, but will not have any in-house seating, curbside pick-up, or drive-thru areas. Instead, hungry customers can pick up their orders at one of their exterior temperature-controlled pick-up lockers, also known as the restaurant's "Digital Pick-up Lane".
The exterior food pick-up lockers are weather-resistant and temperature-controlled.Photo courtesy of Whataburger
"Making Whataburger quicker and more convenient for our guests means fully embracing the digital restaurant experience — but not forgetting who we are at our core: A Hometown Whataburger,” said Whataburger President and CEO Ed Nelson in a release. "Our Austin guests were early to embrace other digital innovations, making it a perfect fit for our first Whataburger Digital Kitchen."
The new Whataburger Digital Kitchen will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 364 days a year (closed on Christmas Day) with their classic breakfast served from 11 pm to 11 am.
- Whataburger kicks up new merch with limited-edition cowboy boots ›
- Texas pastor lights up internet with delightful Whataburger biscuit song ›
- Whataburger opens first store with polarizing new design in Central Texas ›
- Whataburger and beloved Texas jeweler announce another charming collaboration ›
- Whataburger cuts breakfast hours due to egg shortage: No late-night taquitos for you ›
- Whataburger lands at major Texas airport with special burger reprise ›
- Texas' beloved Whataburger finally adds spicy chicken sandwich to menu ›
- Whataburger and iconic Texas jeweler add fancy new charms to collection ›
- Whataburger weighs in as healthiest cheeseburger in the nation ›
- 2 new Austin-area Whataburger restaurants may feature polarizing design ›