This Hill Country road near Austin was voted one of the best scenic routes in the U.S., plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From the top things to do, to the top places to see, Austinites just want to have fun. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. This winding Hill Country road outside Austin was voted one of the best scenic routes in the country. The drive passes a nature park, great barbecue, and even a motorcycle museum.
2. Austin suburb boasts 9th hottest ZIP code in U.S. for buyers, report says. Leander fell from No. 6 in the 2021, but it's still doing great compared to most of the country.
3. New amusement park with more than 30 rides is officially under construction at COTA. There's no word on when it'll be ready, but the park will span more than 20 acres.
4. Here are the top 7 things to do in Austin this weekend. There's lots going on this weekend in Austin, on and off stages: the opening of Matilda the Musical, a moonlit faerie walk, and more.
5. Book a nonstop flight out of Austin to these 7 summer getaway destinations. If you don't want to be in this heat, we don't blame you. Visit Taos, Denver, or Vancouver instead.