Join the CultureMap Team
Austin-San Antonio Editor
CultureMap is hiring a savvy digital editor to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Austin and San Antonio websites. Candidates should be based in Austin.
The ideal candidate has at least three years of experience as a managing editor and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Excellent writing, editing, organizational, and communication skills are required. The candidate must be adept at news reporting, feature writing, assigning, and developing long-lead and evergreen story ideas. Must exhibit excellent writing, editing, and news judgment skills and be comfortable in a fast-paced, digital-only publication. You will be working in a custom CMS and as part of a larger digital team with editors across the state. You will be publishing approximately eight stories per day.
CultureMap delivers daily lifestyle content in the categories of restaurants and bars, real estate, society, arts, entertainment, fashion and beauty, home and design, travel, and city life. Candidates should be plugged into these topics in both Austin and San Antonio.
- Lead the editorial direction for CultureMap’s Austin and San Antonio sites
- Manage editorial calendars and daily publishing schedules for two sites (approx. eight stories/day)
- Assign stories to staff and freelancers (features and quick turnaround news items)
- Copy edit all articles prior to publishing
- Craft engaging, SEO-friendly headlines
- Write stories regularly for both markets
- Manage editorial social media posts across platforms
- Build homepages and emails daily
- Use Analytics tools and data to inform and shape editorial strategy
- Develop and maintain stable of freelance writers
- Oversee monthly budget and invoicing
- Develop content for and execute special editorial series
- Serve as local lead for special projects, including CultureMap’s annual Tastemaker Awards
- Represent the brand at CultureMap events
Interested? Please send your resume and writing samples to Arden Ward.
Advertising Sales Executive
CultureMap is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Advertising Sales Executive to drive sales revenue for CultureMap and Gow Media. The Account Executive will be responsible for helping grow their clients’ business through customized solutions utilizing a combination of CultureMap, Gow Media, and third-party products. The ideal candidate will have the ability to develop, or already holds, deep VP- and CMO-level relationships with businesses and agencies on a local and regional level.
Key Account Executive Responsibilities
- Create new leads by cold calling and scheduling face-to-face meetings
- Manage and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Cultivate and develop high-level client relationships as a consultative seller
- Develop creative campaigns and proposals to help clients achieve their business and marketing goals
- Manage and maintain relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Provide regular updates to management on sales pipeline and partnerships
- Serve as an industry expert in digital advertising
Requirements, Experience, and Attributes of Ideal Candidates
- 2+ years outside sales experience, preferably in a local/regional media environment
- Proven success prospecting/cold-calling local and regional accounts
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality
- Consultative sales style with strong analytical skills and ability to research problems and provide strategic solutions
- Ability to work with the internal teams to solve problems and deliver results for clients
- Effective negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, well versed in Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to sell multiple products and present big ideas/complex packages
- Driven and goal-oriented with the ability to contribute to a highly collaborative team environment
If you love CultureMap, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Lindsey Harvel.