10 chilled sweets and drinks to cool down the blazing Austin summer, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From escapist treats, to real travel tips, to the best of Austin-area real estate, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. 10 chilled sweets and drinks to cool down the blazing Austin summer. There's some ice cream on the list, but there are plenty of other treats that offer delicious relief, like cream puffs and Thai tea.
2. Austin Public Library clears the runway for Passport Fair on July 3. Some people aren't eligible to get their passport business done online. APL's Passport Services division is here to help.
3. Hill Country residential community outside Austin breaks ground on development. More than half of the area will remain undeveloped to foster a closer relationship between residents and nature.
4. Breathtaking modern home with Tesla solar roof enters the Austin market at $8.1 million. There's also an underwater speaker in the pool. Is this what living in the future is like?
5. 3 Central Texas tours ranked among Tripadvisor's best experiences in the nation. Two of them are a wine-lover's dream. Tripadvisor made its selections based on traveler ratings.