No. 1 reason not to move to Austin and more popular stories
Editor's note: Expensive moves and surprising restaurant news lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Austin declared one of the world's most expensive places to move. So you want to move to Austin? It'll cost you. In fact, a study from online moving platform Movinga says Austin is one of most expensive cities to move to in the world.
2. This new Tarrytown home boasts a big basement surprise. This new Tarrytown home, at 3612 Enfield Rd., has a creative solution for Central Austin living: a basement suite.
3. Austin's giant indoor shooting range targets new opening date. A new state-of-the-art gun range has targeted an opening date. The Range at Austin will open February 1.
4. This is how much Austin rents will rise through 2020. In the Austin area, the "rent is too damn high" refrain promises to grow a bit louder over the next few years. A new report predicts average apartment rents in the region will rise 11 percent in the next three years.
5. Two surprising Austin eateries rank among 100 best places to eat in the U.S. A couple of Austin restaurants are on Yelp's fourth annual list of Top 100 Places to Eat — and they may surprise you.