Antumbrae Intermedia Events presents Optic Antics ATX Festival
The Optic Antics ATX Festival will include film screenings, lectures, and music.
Ken Jacobs is a restless innovator of cinematic and digital experimentation. His Nervous Magic Lantern performances illuminate the screen in a myriad of 3D forms – no special glasses required. A breathtaking and all-around mystifying head/body experience without the use of electronics or film-based effects. The performance will be accompanied by live musical soundtracks.
diNMachine makes amoebic dance-rock and known for their work that infuses Indian, African & South American styles with jazz & avant-garde composition.
The festival includes:
- September 21 - Ken Jacobs film screening at Austin Film Society, AFS Cinema
- September 22 - Ken Jacobs lecture and films at Art + Art History Building Auditorium, University of Texas
- September 23 - Drum Workshop and Stop Motion Orchestra: How to Quit Crack at Museum of Human Achievement
- September 24 - Nervous Magic Lantern performance w/diNMachine at First Street Studio
- September 25 - SoundSpace: Michael Schumacher (diNMachine) at Blanton Museum