If you have any doubt about Austin's culinary prowess, look no further than this week's top stories. It's the season of "best of" lists, and Austin has no shortage of restaurants, bars and breweries honored among the top in the nation — and even the world.
1. Eleven Austinites land on Forbes' prestigious 30 Under 30 list. Forbes' annual list is back, and 11 of our city's young movers and shakers are honored.
2. Texas Monthly crowns two Austin hot spots the year's best new restaurants. Texas' national magazine crowns Olamaie and Odd Duck two of the best new restaurants in Texas. (East Austin's LaV got a shout out, too.)
3. Local beer expert weighs in on two Austin bars named best in the U.S. For the second year in a row, Draft Magazine picked the Draught House Pub and Brewery and Craft Pride as two of the best beer bars in the country. We reached out to local beer expert Aaron Chamberlain to give us some insight.
4. Local barbecue favorite named the most iconic restaurant in Texas. The Salt Lick in Driftwood was picked as the Lone Star State's most iconic restaurant.
5. Coachella lineup could provide a sneak peek at 2015 ACL Music Fest. The Coachella-Austin City Limit Music Fest connection is strong. We scoured the California fest's lineup to figure out who may also make an appearance at ACL.