Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Which of the 11 American nations do you live in? Reporter Colin Woodard takes an unconventional look at the United States with a map that divides our country into 11 different nations based on cultural attitudes and political leanings. Texas splits into four nations. Austin and Dallas are in Greater Appalachia, Houston is in the Deep South, El Paso is in El Norte and Amarillo is in The Midlands.
2. Humiliated Etsy boyfriends. This site is proof that behind every handmade doohickey is an emasculated male. Let this knowledge guide your Christmas purchases.
3. Lena Dunham hilariously, candidly interviews Mindy Kaling. If we got to pick two stars to liven up our next dinner party, Lena Dunham and Mindy Kaling would be at the top of the list. These hilarious and talented women know how to work a room and how to make an interview entertaining. Rolling Stone highlights the brilliant back-and-forth between two of television's hottest stars.
4. Homeless veteran time-lapse transformation. Michigan-based Degage Ministries skyrocketed to Internet fame with this viral video of Army veteran Jim Wolf getting a makeover. He's taken from vagabond to Vanity Fair in a stunning outward transformation, but Wolf's new appearance is just the tip of the iceberg. He's also involved in AA and is working to get his life on track after decades of homelessness.
5. Tear-jerking moments of soldiers reuniting with their dogs. Speaking of veterans, Buzzfeed tracked down 18 amazing videos of soldiers reuniting with their four-legged friends. Talk about puppy love.