Editor's note: I've never really understood when the dog days of summer begin, but with climbing temps, crowded pools, and seemingly everyone on vacation, it's probably safe to say those dogs have arrived. From 21 anticipated Austin restaurants opening soon to a natural guide to surviving mosquito season, this week's top stories are red-hot — just like this weather.
1. Popular Portland burger joint makes big move to Austin, plus more food news. Portland-based chain Little Big Burger is making a push into the Central Texas market with a new shop on East Sixth Street. Meanwhile, homegrown eatery Happy Chick is hatching a new Austin location.
2. The 21 most anticipated Austin restaurants opening in late summer and early fall 2018. After this summer of shutters, it's comforting to know that Austin has a new batch of eateries cropping up over the next few months.
3. How to survive mosquito season in Austin: 6 natural remedies that work. After the recent rains, these pests are back with a vengeance. Ditch the OFF! and opt for these natural remedies tested by our writer and her neighbors.
4. Extraordinary Travis Heights home steeped in Austin history has another bonus for buyers. I know what you're thinking: "Is is a ghost?" No, it's not. (At least not that we know of.)
5. Hyde Park neighborhood wine bar uncorks another major revamp. Details on Vino Vino's redux redux. Get all the details including the new chef, cool new interiors, and sleek outdoor patio space.