A week of recovery (or so we hope, you guys still feeling the ACL pain?), our most read stories were musically driven. We looked back upon the ups and downs of ACL and looked forward to the most epic dance party Austin has ever seen.
On top of that, we finally found out who will redesign Waller Creek, a public park where, in a few years, we're bound to see countless live shows.
- Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates and Thomas Phifer & Partners of New York City were selected by a jury to design the future of Waller Creek. The firms are also behind the Brooklyn Bridge Park and the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis. Basically, it's going to be rad.
- A dance party like no other, Jon Pleeter — the same man who booked, negotiated and marketed Daft Punk's 2007 Alive World Tour — created Austin's first-ever SOUNDSYSTEM Halloween party, featuring Dirty Vegas, RAC, Classixx and Flight Facilities, as well as Austin's own Learning Secrets at ACL Live.
- Texas showed itself as a comer at the 2012 Great American Beer Festival (GABF) in Boulder, Colorado. Six Texas breweries took home nine awards for best beers. Austin-area breweries were big winners.
- Our staff and music writers commented on their top moments at ACL.
- CultureMap packaged all of its ACL coverage — from music to fashion — so you can relive the dream over and over again.
See you next week!