Twice a year, the Sustainable Food Center gathers friends, supporters and foodies to celebrate locally-grown food with its Chef Series dinners.
On April 14, the 6th biannual event, appropriately titled “Spring Bounty,” will take place at La Condesa. Celebrating the coming of spring — and local harvests — the dinner will feature an exquisite multi-course tasting menu featuring fresh meats and produce from the Austin Farmers’ Market, as well as local area farms and suppliers, all accompanied with drink pairings.
La Condesa owner Jesse Herman is proud to play host to the organization’s special dinner. “We strive to offer our patrons the best farm fresh and local foods, much of which is purchased from vendors who sell at Austin Farmers' Market. We strongly support SFC's work in the community and are thrilled to help them promote the benefits of buying from local growers and ranchers and of supporting small businesses in the community.”
Participating chefs in the Spring Bounty dinner include:
- Rick Lopez, Chef de Cuisine at La Condesa
- Todd Duplechan, executive chef at Lenoir
- Tim Byres, Executive chef & owner at SMOKE & Chicken Scratch
- Alexis Chong, chef de cuisine at Sway
- Shawn Cirkiel, Executive chef & owner at Parkside/Olive and June
- Erica Waksmunsk, pastry chef at Congress;
- Rene Ortiz, executive chef of Sway/La Condesa
- Laura Sawicki, executive pastry chef of La Condesa/Sway
Tickets to the event are $125 per person, with all proceeds benefiting the Sustainable Food Center and its mission to creates opportunities for individuals to make healthy food choices and to participate in a vibrant local food system.
“By attending this fundraiser for SFC's programs, guests are supporting those in our community without access to healthy, local food," says SFC Executive Director Ronda Rutledge.
For more information on the La Condesa dinner, visit the Chef Series website.