Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Military nears holy grail: Pizza that lasts 3 years. Leftover pizza that remains edible for years is a dream many people can relate to. But college students and late-night snackers don't stand to benefit from the invention nearly as much as soldiers, which is why the military is funding research to extend the life of pizza pies.
2. Downton Abbey season 5 cast members announced. When you're not afraid to kill off main characters, there will always be change in the air. Downton Abbey revealed three big-name additions to the ever-evolving cast list: Richard E. Grant (Girls, Doctor Who), Anna Chancellor (Four Weddings and a Funeral) and Rade Sherbedgia (Eyes Wide Shut, 24).
3. Camera falls from an airplane and lands in a pig pen while still recording. Yes, it's been rumored that this is an elaborate marketing ploy for GoPro cameras. The so-called raw video of a camera falling from a sky-diving airplane and making its way into a pig pen doesn't include footage of anyone finding the camera, nor does it ever mention the brand. Yet, here we are chatting about GoPro. Clever indeed.
4. Jennifer Lawrence stars in the most relatable Macklemore Vine ever. Pizza, a casually dressed Jennifer Lawrence and a signature Macklemore beat. As Buzzfeed's Erin Chack says, "It speaks directly to my soul."
5. Getty Images launches new "Lean In" collection of stock photos with women. It may not sound like much, but when nearly every image depicting women is either in the kitchen or answering the phone, it reinforces outdated gender stereotypes. Sure, some photos haphazardly sprinkle in power tools, but that misses the point. Happily, the new Getty collection nails it.