Editor's note: Over the course of a week, we come across dozens of newsy tidbits and interesting links that we want to share with you. For this weekly roundup, we gather all the news we found delicious, nostalgic and useful.
1. Go behind-the-scenes of Boyhood. This 10-minute featurette from IFC gives you an interesting look at Austin filmmaker Richard Linklater's project as he chronicles the life of Mason (and actor Ellar Coltrane) from boyhood into adulthood. (The Film Society of Lincoln Center also just named Boyhood the No. 1 film of the year.)
2. The best wines that Texas has to offer. From reds to whites to rosés, CultureMap's former food editor Jessica Dupuy highlights the 20 best wines released from Texas wineries.
3. Over the years with Ian McLagan. This gallery of photographs celebrates the late, great McLagan, who called Austin home.
4. Traveling internationally just got easier. Air Canada is adding a nonstop flight between Austin and Toronto beginning May 2015.
5. Shake Shack opening inches closer. We've been waiting ... and waiting ... for Shake Shack's arrival. The Lamar location should open before the end of the year, and it looks like a Domain location is also in the works.