There are a few truths to life here in Austin: we like good food, we don't like unfairness and we certainly don't like it when anyone speaks ill of the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue.
So what other things got our attention this week?
1. The U.K.'s Daily Mail unearthed a bevy of information about the family of Ethan Couch, the "affluenza-suffering" Texas teen whose drunk driving killed four people.
2. It isn't just Paul who is earning praise at Qui. We examine the Qui effect and how this top chef's magical touch is spreading throughout his operation.
3. Researchers at UT may have developed in invisibility cloak a la Harry Potter.
4. Tribeza prepares to say goodbye to the magazine's defining editor, Lauren Smith Ford.
5. An article about an new app got someone so riled up about the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue they called us "snarky asshats."
In other news, we're calling our next band The Snarky Asshats.