Popular Hill Country resort unveils first phase of major $60 million renovation
Horseshoe Bay Resort, a popular Hill Country getaway at Lake LBJ, has wrapped up the first phase of a $60 million makeover.
Highlights of the first phase redo include redesigned villas, a spruced-up golf clubhouse, a remodeled fitness center, revamped tennis courts, an exclusive new grill serving American fare, a new space for events, and a new entry off State Highway 71.
A key component of the makeover is the updating of 100 villas. The one-, two-, and three-bedroom Palm Villa Suites are designed to evoke a “home away from home” feeling.
“Feedback from resort guests and members on our improvements thus far has been outstanding,” Bryan Woodward, chief sales and marketing officer at Horseshoe Bay Resort, says in a release.
The second phase of the renovation is currently underway. Among the second-phase improvements are:
- 249 rejuvenated guest rooms
- A renovated meeting space that will include an updated ballroom and a new spa and salon
- A new clubhouse for the Ram Rock and Apple Rock golf courses
- A new dockside bar and grill
- A remodel of the resort’s private airport
Horseshoe Bay says the second round of renovations are scheduled to be finished in early 2019.