Avance Austin breaks the cycle of inter-generational poverty through innovative, two-generation education and support for families with young children. They envision a world where children and parents advance to their full potential, transforming the communities in which they live.
Make an investment in the future of Austin and the lives of Avance families by making a donation or volunteering your time and talents. They hold several events throughout the year, with many opportunities for the community to get involved.
The Valor y Sueños Luncheon is Avance Austin's largest annual fundraiser. Guests experience a lunch centered on meaningful conversation and inspirational storytelling.
A membership opportunity is available through Avance Austin Changemakers, a diverse network of individuals whose mission is to create a continuous and lasting change in the community. The Changemakers effort combines social and philanthropic opportunities to support low-income, Spanish-speaking families in the Austin area. As a Changemaker, you can boost your impact on Avance's dual-generation parent education and family support services by becoming a sustaining donor through monthly contributions at the following levels:
- $10/month ($120/year) helps a mom grow her language skills in ESL classes
- $20/month ($240/year) provides a child with early developmental delay testing and referrals
- $30/month ($360/year) provides nutritional snacks so that families facing food insecurity can still participate fully
Exclusive opportunities for Changemakers also include:
- Interactive volunteer opportunities, including educational toy making sessions, classroom preparation, holiday parties, and more
- Community connections, which offer meaningful collaboration with fellow members through quarterly events, each highlighting a different component or resource that Avance offers to children and families in the community. In the spring, there's an educational toy-making project; in the summer it's Spanish as a second language; fall is exploring your community; and winter is parenting tips and tricks.