The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas (RMHC CTX) is to create, find, and support programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and families.
There are severals ways to get involved at RMHC CTX to support families with sick children:
- Prepare a meal at the Ronald McDonald House. Gather a group of co-workers and friends, plan a menu, and prepare a meal for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House. Volunteer meal providers only need to bring the food — the kitchen already has cookware, utensils, and spices.
- Host a Wish List Drive to gather much-needed items for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. The Wish Lists can be found here.
- Donate a meal at a Ronald McDonald Family Room. Meals made from a commercial kitchen can be donated at the Family Rooms located inside four Austin hospitals.
- Stroll a Happy Wheels Cart inside the hospital to distribute complimentary items to families and their hospitalized children.
- Assist families by volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. Different shifts are available.
- Join a Special Event Committee. RMHC CTX hosts several special events each year, and you can join a committee to help organize an event.
The signature fundraiser held at the Wild Onion Ranch, the Bandana Ball, attracts nearly 800 guests in April. The event features live entertainment, dinner, dancing, and silent and live auctions.
Starlight Affair, held in late April in Bryan/College Station, supports the RMHC CTX services in the Brazos Valley. The event hosts 300 guests and features live entertainment, dinner, dancing, and silent and live auctions.
Red Shoe Luncheon in September is a complimentary, invitation-only luncheon to introduce new friends to RMHC CTX's mission.
The Sporting Clay Classic in October features flurry shoot, clay shoot, dinner, and awards celebration.