All events are subject to change due to weather or other concerns. Please check with the venue or organization to ensure an event is taking place as scheduled.
Lates are late-night weekend screenings of the new cult film canon.
- August 31-September 2: Fascination - From the late French writer-director Jean Rollin (The Nude Vampire), this tale of a spooky chateau and its lovely, dangerous inhabitants is one of his best.
- September 7-8: Noroit - From the director of Celine & Julie Go Boating and Duelle comes a labyrinthine and beautiful pirate adventure starring Geraldine Chaplin (Remember My Name).
- September 14: Symptoms - This deeply creepy film about madness and isolation is programmed by guest programmer Michael Tully, whose film Don’t Leave Home opens September 14.
- September 15: Cure - This gruesome and terrifying Japanese police-procedural film is also guest programmed by Tully.
- September 21-22 and 24: The Color of Pomegranates - Armenian filmmaker Sergei Parajanov’s signature film is like no other moving image work ever created. Gorgeous, emotionally moving and deeply weird.
- October 5-7: Buffalo ‘66 - Writer/director/star Vincent Gallo’s bizarre film is also one of the most important and influential movies of the ‘90s. Christina Ricci co-stars.
- October 12-13 and 15: Daisies - From groundbreaking Czech New Wave director, Vera Chytilová, comes a free-spirited, anarchic feminist classic and ode to girlhood in all its revelry.
- October 19-20: The Addiction - Lili Taylor stars in Abel Ferrara’s appropriately transgressive New York vampire film. The cast also includes Christopher Walken and Annabella Sciorria.