Austin Civic Orchestra presents The Beat Goes On
The Austin Civic Orchestra will present its February installment of The Beat Goes On, a series of virtual events featuring ACO musicians organized into chamber ensembles. The concert will be streamed on their YouTube and Facebook pages, where they will be available to watch any time afterwards.
This hour-long concert features 10 ensembles comprised of orchestra members and their families. Several of the ensembles selected works by Black composers in celebration of Black History Month.
The program includes:
- Bipperies, No. 1, 6, and 9 by Lowell Shaw (Horn Duo)
- Give Life Back to Music by Thomas Bangalter & Guillame Emmanuel de Homem-Christo (Percussion Ensemble)
- I’m in Another World by Duke Ellington (String Quartet)
- Jeanne Y Paul by Astor Piazzolla (String Quartet)
- March from Second Suite in F major by Gustav Holst (Bassoon Ensemble)
- Over the Rainbow and Wonderful World by Harold Arlen, George Weiss and Bob Thiele (Cello and Ukulele Duo)
- Purpose by Anton von Sehrwald (Guitar and Viola Duo)
- Quintett, Op 56, No. 2 in g moll by Franz Danzi (Woodwind Quintet)
- Sonata for Die Bankelsangerlieder (Brass Quintet)
- Sonata No. 4 from Centone Di Sonata by Niccolò Paganini (Guitar and Violin Duo)
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice by Paul Dukas (Bassoon Ensemble)
- Sunflower Slow Drag by Scott Joplin and Scott Hayden (String Quartet)