Austin Film Festival, Mexic-Arte Museum and the Texas Book Festival presents Super Saturday
Super Saturday features live music, children’s art activities, retail booths, and food available along Congress Avenue from 4th Street to the Texas State Capitol. The three organizations will also be teaming up to a host a public screening of Disney/Pixar's Coco at Paramount Theatre, which will be followed by a Q&A with the film’s co-writer, Matthew Aldrich. The Texas Book Festival and Mexic-Arte Museum will present author Matt de la Peña and illustrator Christian Robinson for a reading and signing of their new picture book, Carmela Full of Wishes, at the Festival’s Education Pavilion (at the Frost Bank Tower patio on 4th and Congress).
Capital Metro and the Austin Public Library will team up to offer free rides to the event. Park for free at six different branch library locations and ride for free with a Transit Day Pass. Go to the front desk at any of the participating branch libraries between 12 and 5 pm to get a free Capital Metro Day Pass and a Travel Guide.
- Recycled Reads | 5335 Burnet Road | Routes 3, 803
- Pleasant Hill | 211 East William Cannon Drive | Routes 1, 801
- Little Walnut Creek | 835 West Rundberg Lane | Routes 1, 801
- Ruiz | 1600 Grove Boulevard | Route 20
- Carver | 1161 Angelina Street | Routes 2, 6
- Southeast | 5803 Nuckols Crossing Rd | Route 7