Brooklyn Brewery Austin Mash
The Brooklyn Brewery Mash tour returns to Austin to celebrate what’s next in food, film, comedy, beer, and more. Brooklyn Brewery is collaborating with local Austin-based chefs, entrepreneurs, artisans, craftsmen, artists, comedians, musicians, and more to create one-of-a-kind entertainment experiences for the whole community to enjoy.
The weeklong series features exclusive dinners, film screenings, and lots of craft beers. Austin Mash partners include Found Footage Festival, Dinner Lab, Silver Whisk Cooking, Easy Tiger, Waller Creek Pub, Whole Foods, Austin Beer Works, Alamo Drafthouse, The Mohawk, Timberland, Cholula, ATHENOS, First We Feast, and All About Beer.
Austin Mash Tour Schedule
Sunday, November 8
- Eat, Drink & Learn at Whole Foods: Brooklyn Brewery Chef Andrew Gerson will be sampling a variety of Brooklyn beers alongside specially made bites featuring Cholula Hot Sauce. Stop by to taste some beer and head home with a six-pack (or two) to suit all your beer needs for the week. 10 am at Whole Foods Lamar.
- DIY Dinner Party with Chef Andrew Gerson & ATHENOS: Combining the best elements of a cooking class, beer tasting, and a dinner party with Brooklyn Brewery and ATHENOS. Learn to prepare four delicious dishes and expertly pair them with Brooklyn Brewery beers followed by a family-style meal. 5 pm at Silver Whisk ($30).
Tuesday, November 10
- Behind the Beer with Steve Hindy: Get the inside scoop on a selection of rare Brooklyn Brewery beers and stories from the early days from co-founder and chairman Steve Hindy. 6 pm at Easy Tiger.
Thursday, November 12
- State of Craft Beer presented with First We Feast: Brooklyn Brewery’s Steve Hindy moderates a panel of Austin’s finest brewers (including Michael Graham of Austin Beerworks) alongside All About Beer’s John Holl, who discuss the hot button issues of today’s beer landscape. 6 pm at Austin Beer Works.
- Found Footage Festival: The Found Footage Festival returns to Austin with a hilarious showcase of found video clips from across the country. Curators Joe Pickett (The Onion) and Nick Prueher (Letterman) take audiences on a guided tour of their latest and greatest VHS finds, providing live commentary and where-are-they-now updates on the people in these videotaped obscurities. 7 pm at Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar ($12).
Friday, November 13
- Secret Supper with Dinner Lab: Chef Andrew Gerson and the Dinner Lab crew have come together to curate a pop-up dining experience in a surprise, non-traditional location. Expect an innovative multi-course menu alongside pairings of rare Brooklyn beers, Cholula Hot Sauce and a local band. 7 pm at surprise location, announced two days prior ($70-$80).
Saturday, November 14
- Brooklyn Brewery and Timberland present Deafheaven and Tribulation: Post-black metal rockers Deafheaven pound the Mash closing party into the Texas dust along with lots of Brooklyn Brewery beer and Swedish openers, Tribulation. 8 pm at The Mohawk (Free with RSVP).
Sunday, November 15
- Three Headed Beast: Three chefs, three beasts, one afternoon of live music, locally sourced food, and beer all for a good cause. Chef Andrew Gerson (Brooklyn Brewery), Chef Zack Northcutt (Swift’s Attic), and another surprise Austin chef each prepare a unique whole animal for this fall feast, benefiting The Food Trust. 3 pm at location TBA ($35).
TAP ATTACKS (non-ticketed tap-takeover events)
Wednesday, November 11
- Uncommon Brooklyn: Come one come all for some limited, rare and wondrous Brooklyn beers that rarely leave the borough. 6 pm at Waller Creek Pub House.