Salvage Vanguard Theater presents Three Headed Festival
Audiences can examine the power of curses, the stranglehold of categorization, and the courage to overcome in two weekends of solo performances featuring dancer and choreographer Kelsey Oliver, actor and visual artist Kriston Woodreaux, and actor and activist Crystal Bird Caviel. The festival also includes a pre-show interactive exhibit by artist Alyssa Dillard, a movement class led by Oliver, and the Rogue at Rogge Monsters’ Ball.
- October 17-27: brutal IMAGINATION - A solo performance inspired by Cornelius Eady’s poetry anthology of the same name. In 1994, Susan Smith attempted to cover up the murder of her two small sons and that lie gave birth to mister zero: a black man of white invention; a phantom cursed both to exist forever and never at all. conceptualized and performed by Kriston Woodreaux. Text by Cornelius Eady.
- October 24-27: pp by Kelsey Oliver: An indulgent self-expression on one wo/man’s fress mess. pp is an absurdist dance theatre piece processing maternalism, ownership, kink, cats, and categorization. An audience interactive experience in campfire style intimacy. *prepare for nudity.
- October 19 and 26: Workshop Performance: An exploration of life with chronic illness and its direct connection to unexplored ancestral baggage.
- October 17-27: Pre-show Snippets and Fragments: A Group Devising Experiment by Alyssa Dillard -This interactive exhibit is an experiment in process. It is a workshop for ourselves. When you start from zero with no common reference material, what are the ways you can create something together?
- October 26: Momentum + Floorwork Class led by Kelsey Oliver
- October 26: Rogue at Rogge Monsters’ Ball: Wear the worst and flaunt the best beasts at the closing night.