Waller Creek Conservancy presents Creek Show 2015
The Waller Creek Conservancy will present Creek Show 2015, which will take place over nine nights between November 12 and 21, and includes five light-based design installations which will be installed on Waller Creek between 5th and 8th Streets. The walkable, illuminated exhibit features designers who are Austin-based architects, landscape architects, and visual artists, all of whom created new site-specific works for this event. The works of art are designed to highlight the natural beauty of the space and its future transformation into a series of urban parks.
Several businesses along Waller Creek are partners for Creek Show 2015 including the Hilton Garden Inn, Easy Tiger, Waller Ballroom, Waller Creek Pub House, The Gatsby, and Empire Control Room and Garage. All designs are at creek level and can be accessed at several locations including from 5th St., 6thSt., and 7th St. just east of Sabine St.
Creek Show 2015 Designers:
- Project name: AT/x: Design - Luke Savisky, Production: Paige Swift
- Project name: Floating the Waller - Project team: Ten Eyck Landscape Architects. Design/Production: Cameron Campbell, Tim Campbell, Bailey Kinkel, Christine Skaglund, Bryan Azar (Ilios Lighting)
- Project name: The Natural Unnatural - Project team: Clark Richardson Architects. Design/Production: April Clark, AIA, Ed Richardson, AIA
- Project name: Volume - Project team: Specht Harpman Architects. Design: Scott Specht, AIA. Design/Production: Jakeb Novak, AIA; Mary Stuckert, Assoc. AIA; Brett Wolfe, Assoc. AIA; Angela Alwin,; Michael Yarinsky, Assoc. AIA. Renderings: Alec Herskowitz
- Project name: Waller Phantasm - Design: Clay Odom, Assistant Prof., University of Texas School of Architecture / Principal, StudioMODO. Production: Alvan Bidal-Sanchez, Bruce Jordan Guard, Kara Holekamp, Megan Recher, Claudia Rodriguez, Corey Rothermel, and Heather Sutherland
The event will also include an artist talk at Waller Ballroom on November 17 at 6 pm, and a closing party at Empire Garage on November 21.