Can we get another three-day weekend, please? We never stop here at CultureMap, even for a good old fashioned barbecue. Thus we wrote and wrote over the holiday weekend, and you sure did read.
Speaking of that, you guys had weird taste this week (that, or our staff writers did...). Zombies, psychotic drugs and the whooping cough ranked among your favorite stories.
- A horrific, drug-fueled attack gripped the internet when two naked men were found alonside a Miami expressway, one of whom was feasting on the other's face. One legion of people are eager blame the zombie apocolypse, while another blames "bath salts."
- What are said "bath salts," you say? They are a synthetic drug that's often compared to LSD, but seem to go hand in hand with extremely violent and aggresive behavior.
- Whooping cough is on the rise among children, not suprisingly corresponding with more and more parents "opting out" of giving their kids the vaccination.
- Let's lighten the mood, shall we? Eat your way through this weekend with our list of the best 12 hamburgers in Austin! You'll be surprised to learn where some of them have been lurking.
- UT student andMasterChef contestant Tanya Noble tells us why Tex-Mex rules and how she kept the reality show a secret from her parents.
That's all for now. Enjoy the sunny weekend, and work on that base tan!