Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Dallas Cowboys players accept the trending Ice Bucket Challenge. Meant to raise awareness about ALS, the Ice Bucket Challenge is blowing up Facebook feeds nationwide. On August 12, Dallas Cowboys players Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Kyle Vallero took a break from training camp to dump ice water on their heads and keep the trend alive.
2. The best Robin Williams moments. Mashable's video montage honors the beloved comedian and actor with snippets from his most memorable roles, including Mrs. Doubtfire, The Birdcage and Hook.
3. Men try on Spanx to see what the hype's all about. After seriously struggling to get on the product, men are still clueless about the magic of Spanx and its slimming ways.
4. Facebook status is accidentally published in an article in Memphis newspaper. This story about Memphis' codes for storefront windows was interrupted by a lengthy anecdote about an aspiring journalist. The paper acknowledged the mistake and re-ran the correct version shortly after.
5. A proposal of unique snack foods that should be created. Buzzfeed recently published a list titled "23 Snacks that Should Definitely Exist," which foodies everywhere can appreciate. Although some ideas are a little far-fetched, there are still a few worth pursuing — most notably, savory Pop Tarts with a pizza filling.