Links We Love
Baby lion learns to roar, Scarlett Johansson takes a spill and more links we love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. A lion cub learning to roar is just about the cutest thing ever. Whether you are man or beast, growing up is rough stuff. This white lion cub knows what I'm talking about. The poor little guy is being raised in captivity because his rare white coat makes him too easy of a target in the wild. That means he's got to figure out this whole roaring thing on his own.
2. Dallas groom pulls off surprise engagement and wedding in the same day. Asking someone to spend the rest of their life with you can be a pretty nerve-racking experience. But Ryan Leak didn't stop at the proposal. He also planned a destination wedding for 100 people and executed it the same day he popped the question. Good thing Amanda Roman said yes.
3. Spoopy sneaks up on mainstream culture after two years in relative obscurity. Spoopy, a cross between spooky and creepy, is edging its way into the pantheon of viral memes. The phrase is believed to originate with a 2011 Halloween sign, but it has taken on a life of its own lately. You kids and your crazy made-up words.
4. Michael Jordan responds to Miley Cyrus new music video: 23. And it is perfect. MJ practically invented sticking out your tongue in a celebratory fashion, but that doesn't mean he's cool with everybody doing it. His displeasure is clearly evident in this video response to Cyrus twerking around in a Michael Jordan diaper.
5. Scarlett Johansson falling down is the best new meme in years. It really sucks to bite the dust, especially when there are cameras at the ready. Hollywood starlet Scarlett Johansson experienced that unfortunate combination in December 2012, and the Internet just won't let her forget it. Remember this, Scarlett: Everyone falls, but not everyone lands in a field of Corgis.