Links We Love
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. "Do It On My Twin Bed" sweeps the nation. The only question after watching the Christmas edition of Saturday Night Live is this: great holiday episode or greatest holiday episode? Jimmy Fallon hosted the show, which included musical guest Justin Timberlake and cameos from Paul McCartney and Madonna. The biggest laugh of the night came from an original music video capturing the awkwardness of holiday hook-ups in your childhood bedroom.
2. Growing up Fallon: Christmas time. Speaking of all things Fallon, Jimmy's sister Gloria whipped up a Christmas-themed version of "Growing up Fallon." It's pretty adorable and includes a giddy Jimmy bouncing on Santa's knee. Celebrities — they're just like us.
3. Eminem terrified as daughter begins dating man raised on his music. Like all publications at the end of December, The Onion is reminiscing about its best stories of 2013. This Eminem story rose to the top because it sounds all too real. Marshall Mathers' daughter turned 18 this year, and it's not too much of a stretch to think the outspoken rapper would rather his baby girl not date a man who wants to "tie her to the bed and set this house on fire."
4. Proof that every country music song this year was exactly the same. Aforementioned criticism of Eminem aside, at least his lyrics are original. Country music critic Grady Smith is making waves for his statement that all the twangy hits in 2013 sounded the same. He's backed up his claim with a three-minute video recapping the 10 best country albums of 2013. The evidence is damning.
5. Dying girl's Christmas wish granted by 10,000 carolers. Doctors believe that 8-year-old Laney Brown won't make it to next Christmas, so she's making this one worthwhile. Thanks to the Make-A-Wish foundation, the young leukemia patient video chatted with Taylor Swift and was serenaded by 10,000 carolers outside her Pennsylvania home.