Kanye West gets the Moleskine treatment, Dave Matthews hitchhikes and more links we love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Dave Matthews hitches a ride to his own concert. Music icon Dave Matthews just wanted to go a for a nice bike ride before his concert at HersheyPark Stadium in Pennsylvania. But a blown tire left Matthews stranded by the side of the road. Happily, a pair of good Samaritans (who also happened to be on their way the concert) stopped to help the stranger. Matthews later thanked the couple onstage and took them out to dinner.
2. (Almost) every lyric to Kanye West's hit song "Black Skinhead" illustrated in pocket-sized Moleskine notebook. Link is exactly as advertised. Highly entertaining. Also of note, David Fuenz sketched the entire video on a train from Stockholm to Copenhagen. Now you know.
3. What Everybody Poops would sound like if Morgan Freeman were narrator. Morgan Freeman's cool, crisp voice can make even the most juvenile topic sound sophisticated. Pro tip: Don't watch the video, listen to it. The dimly lit, scruffily dressed Freeman impersonator takes away from the performance.
4. Will North Colorado become the 51st state of America? Those crazy Coloradans and their secession theories. Somebody's been smoking too much medical marijuana.
5. Our collective war story in 185 photographs. This NPR slideshow uses photos from the War/Photography exhibit on display at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington. The slideshow looks at 17 images out of 185 and offers an unfiltered look at war from boot camp to battlefield.