Editor's note: Alright, this weekend we've got a pet parade to walk, a swimming hole to jump in, and a special counsel's report to read. Let's dive right into the week's most popular stories.
1. Hopdoddy Burger Bar surprises South Austin with casual new concept and drive-thru. Lil'doddy, kid sister to Hopdoddy, surprised everyone this week when it opened in South Austin. The casual concept offers online ordering, fast food-ish wait times, and even a drive-thru.
2. City of Austin approves plan to hit the brakes on solo car commuters. The Austin City Council approved a plan this week to drive down the share of solo commuters over the next 20 years. How are they going to do it? Dockless scooters. Just kidding, details in the story.
3. Here is what you can buy in Austin right now for $360,000. In February 2019, Austin's median home price was $360,000, so we reached out to area realtors to get a snapshot of what's available on the market at that price. Fun fact: the day after we published this story, the Austin Board of Realtors released the numbers for March 2019, and an all new median price of $375,000. Oh, publishing.
4. Downtown Austin hotel draws coveted spot on Conde Nast Traveler's Hot List 2019. Conde Nast Traveler's self-proclaimed "hotel sleuths" spend all year checking into the world's hippest hotels only to choose a select few for their annual Hot List. This year, only one Texas hotel made the list — and it's right here in Austin.
5. New Tex-Mex restaurant charges into shuttered Airport Boulevard eatery.Bullfight, which closed last summer, surprising foodies across the city, is now a revamped, reimagined Tex-Mex joint. We bet the name alone will have you saying, "let's go!"