Once you’ve had your fill of tofurkey and yams this Thanksgiving, opt out of the soul crushing 9th circle of hell they call Black Friday. Instead, celebrate some of the best local vintage shops Austin has to offer in the first ever Austin Vintage Style Festival.
This two day festival, taking place November 26 and 27, will feature a tour of shops from all over Austin—from South Congress and South First to the Drag and Burnet. It’s free to attend and open to everyone, but you can purchase a wristband (for $5 in advance or $10 the day of) that will get you all of the following:
- Complimentary beverages and bites at ALL locations provided by local vendors
- Up to 25% discount off at most locations
- Contest giveaways provided by local businesses all over Austin
- Movember goodie bag (while they last) including lots of awesome mustache accessories and apparel for men and women including (think mustache necklaces, t-shirts and more)
- Free entry to SLACKER Magazine’s Movember Party at Red 7
Wristband proceeds will help support Movember and raising the awareness for men’s prostate cancer.
Don’t forget to don your best vintage threads; Austin Vintage Style Fest attendees are encouraged to dress up, so whether you're into Hollywood glam, the Old West, 60s Mod culture or any other decade of yesteryear, don't be afraid to bring it.
For a full list of AVSF vendors and store see the list here.