A new list from Forbes and Statista places three Austin-based companies among the state’s major employers, both those based in Texas and those with a significant presence here. Perhaps unsurprisingly, all three were tech companies, including Google (No. 14), Dell Technologies (No. 29), and NXP Semiconductors (No. 30).
NASA in Houston took home the No. 1 title.
To come up with their ranking, Forbes and Statista surveyed about 70,000 Americans working at employers in the U.S. with at least 500 employees each. The final list features 1,382 highly recommended employers in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Here are the 30 best large employers in Texas, as determined by Forbes and Statista.
- No. 14 Google (based in Mountain View, California; major corporate hub in Austin)
- No. 29 Dell Technologies, based in Round Rock
- No. 30 NXP Semiconductors (based in the Netherlands; major corporate hub in Austin)
- No. 1 NASA (based in Washington, D.C.; Johnson Space Center in Clear Lake)
- No. 2 University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- No. 3 Oceaneering International, based in Houston
- No. 4 MD Anderson Cancer Center, based in Houston
- No. 11 Bechtel (based in Reston, Virginia; major corporate hub in Houston)
- No. 13 Clear Creek ISD, based in League City
- No. 20 Air Liquide, based in Houston
- No. 23 Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, based in Pearland
- No. 25 Houston Methodist, based in Houston
- No. 7 University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas
- No. 8 Capital One (based in Richmond, Virginia; major corporate hub in Plano)
- No. 16 University of Texas at Dallas
- No. 17 Southwest Airlines, based in Dallas
- No. 18 Lewisville ISD, based in Lewisville
- No. 19 GM Financial, based in Fort Worth
- No. 21 City of Plano
- No. 22 Fidelity Investments (based in Boston; major corporate hub in Westlake)
- No. 28 Jordan Health Services, based in Addison
- No. 5 University of Texas at San Antonio
- No. 9 H-E-B (based in San Antonio; more than 300 stores in Texas)
- No. 12 University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- No. 6 IKEA (based in Sweden; five stores in Texas)
- No. 10 Costco (based in Issaquah, Washington; 35 stores in Texas)
- No. 15 Hyatt (based in Chicago; hotels throughout Texas)
- No. 24 Microsoft (based in Redmond, Washington; offices in Austin, Dallas, Friendswood, Frisco, Houston, San Antonio, and The Woodlands)
- No. 26 Sherwin-Williams (based in Cleveland; more than 300 stores in Texas)