Top 5 stories this week: Football suspensions, 2013 predictions & prepping for azero waste Austin
As you prepare to usher in the new year, we bring you the top five stories that will close out 2012.
What could have been a relatively calm holiday week in Austin news got a big bump yesterday, thanks to some unraveling among the UT football team in advance of Saturday's Alamo Bowl. But not all news this week is as serious as a suspension.
This week's most read stories err on the side of looking forward to 2013; we've got 10 predictions for the Capital City, a look at Austin's zero waste initiative, and a round up of the best parties to ring in the new year.
- On Friday morning, news broke that two UT football players were suspended a day before the Alamo Bowl for "violation of team rules." It was later reported that those players were Case McCoy and Jordan Hicks.
- 2012 was a good year in Austin, Texas. But what's in store for our fair city's future? Hipstercrite Lauren Modery has 10 predictions for Austin in 2013.
- Austin's going zero waste. Prepare for the plastic ban bag (starting March 1, 2013) with these tips.
- Nationally-renowned metal guitarist Mike Scaccia died last weekend during a Fort Worth show.
- The final holiday of the year is upon us. We've got the top parties and concerts to kick off 2013.
That's a wrap for this week, and for 2012. See you in the new year, Austin!