Editor's note: Big things apparently do come in tiny packages. This week, Austin couldn't get enough of the news that a new micro-home community was coming to town. Read on to find out what else got the city talking.
1. 500 tiny homes with big amenities coming to new Austin-area communities. These 400 square feet micro-houses come with some pretty awesome amenities, plus a price tag that won't have you shaking in your cowboy boots. The two communities, one in South Austin, one in Kyle, are currently taking reservations for residents.
2. Hip South Austin 'hood named coolest in the country. We've known it for a while, but this bustling boulevard is one of the coolest in the country according to Money.
3. Central Austin sushi restaurant says sayonara after 2 decades in business. It's bedtime for Banzai after more than 20 years in Central Austin. The sushi space is expected to be turned into the first-ever Rudy's Country Store and BBQ located in the city center.
4. East Austin suffers unexpected shutter of neighborhood favorite. Friends & Neighbors is packing it in after four years on East Cesar Chavez.
5. Stanford burns Whataburger during Alamo Bowl halftime disaster show. Hey, California! You don't mess with Texas and you don't mess with Whataburger.