Editor's note: A closure and more restaurant news lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Sneak peek at beloved Austin brewery's highly anticipated taproom. In early 2017, Austin Beerworks will debut an awesome new tasting room and brewing space. Here's a sneak peek.
2. How many Californians are moving to Austin? The numbers will surprise you. If you think you’ve been spotting a lot of California license plates on I-35 and MoPac in recent years, your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. A review of U.S. Census Bureau data shows that from 2010 to 2014, the Austin metro area attracted an estimated 7,317 new residents each year from California’s 26 metro areas.
3. Another major Austin restaurant closure shakes South Congress corridor. Austin is losing another iconic establishment. Opal Divine's has announced that its Penn Field location will close on December 31.
4. This Austin company is one of the best places to work in America. One of the nation's very best places to work is based right here in Austin. Glassdoor has released its annual list of the 50 best places to work, and Keller Williams makes the cut for the first time.
5. Where to eat in Austin: Five best new restaurants for December dining. Brand-new concepts, including the remake of a classic and a reimagined space are December's best bets for dining and drinking. From high-end stunners to a neighborhood pizzeria, there is something for everyone on this list.