Editor's note: The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and we hope your weekend involves being outdoors. As for us, we'll be poolside at Barton Springs, soaking up the first rays of spring. Before we head out for the day, let's take a look at the week's top stories, shall we?
1. 16 best new restaurants in Austin battle for coveted Tastemaker title. The gauntlet has been thrown, the ballots cast, and we're already in round two of this epic tournament. Check out who's in the lead, and then vote for your favorites here.
2. SXSW 2019 controversy continues after UT counters festival's blame game. It's a war of words between SXSW and UT after it was revealed that the festival's 2019 dates don't line up with the university or AISD's spring break. This "war" played out via press release, with both sides (politely) blaming the other for the mix up.
3. Texas' first-ever shipping container hotel takes shape in nearby Round Top. Just in time for the biannual Round Top Antique Week, this cool new hotel is rolling into town. Made entirely out of shipping containers, FlopHouze is epitome of tiny luxurious living.
4. Bon Appétit boldly ranks 26 Austin breakfast tacos and more food news. Know what Austinites love? Breakfast tacos. You know what Austinites don't love? When a New Yorker comes to Austin and ranks our breakfast tacos.
5. Mysterious East Austin restaurant finally spills secrets on opening plans. We've spent months asking questions about this Rosewood Avenue property with very few answers. Details slowly started trickling out this week, and we're very excited about what was revealed.