When it comes to presidential candidate kids, Mitt Romney has his own Brooks Brothers army and Jon Huntsman's daughters are masters of the viral video. But Rick Perry's son Griffin has been more or less under the radar — at least until The New York Times ran a feature on his Twitter stream on Friday.
While most @GriffPerry tweets are succinct talking points in favor of his father's campaign ("Questioning Romneys record at Bain is not attacking capitalism. It is questioning his credentials as a job creator, record as gov was subpar.") the younger Perry also tweets about sports, Vanderbilt (his alma mater) and buffalo burgers.
But for a feed so close to an official campaign, it's pretty funny. Check out our faves:
10. Haha! To continue the football trend, Santorum, Mitt and Newt all said they would be watching the Natl Champ game LAST night. #fail [On Jan. 8, day of LSU-Alabama game]
9. Mitt Romney knows how to lead... Lead people straight out the door with a pink slip.
8. I love how pollsters talk about "electability" what a joke of a term. That is about as quantifiable as awesomeness.
7. Electability - What do Rick Perry and the Green Bay Packers have in common? They are the only undefeated's in their league.
6. Old Spice is concerned there is no swagger left for the since Rick Perry announced for President!
5. Perry/Tebow 2012, with Chuck Norris as Secretary of Defense. #America
4. @fivethirtyeight if you really want a drinking game. Take a drink every time Ron Paul says "liberty".
3. @rickperryfacts RT: Rick Perry's mom made his underwear until he went into the U.S. Air Force. Seriously. And mine til college.
2. Politics aside, can voters in SC really vote for a guy who's fashion sense comes from Tressel? #scprimary #SEC #BCS
1. Ron Paul doesn't remember saying those crazy things at the debate, bc he took off his aluminum hat. #2012GOP