Tarrytown home's record sale, Blanton's major score, and more top stories
Editor's note: When we weren't dodging black ice and complaining about the cold, Austinites were warming up with some seriously hot headlines. Among this week's top stories are a record-setting sale in Tarrytown and the debut of a charming new eatery in Mueller. Read on for more of the week's most popular pieces.
1. San Antonio's gem of a hotel named best in the world. Between the city's 2018 tricentennial celebration and Kawhi Leonard's right quad, everyone is talking about San Antonio. Our southerly neighbor scored major bragging rights when Hotel Emma was named one of the finest hotels in the whole world. (Also, it really is.)
2. Tarrytown home sets new record with off-market sale.This Tarrytown abode just went for $810 per square foot, making it a record sale for new construction. The real estate agent cites craftsmanship; construction; and location, location, location as reasons for the sky-high price.
3. Blanton takes place among world's best art museums with latest acquisition. Austin's Blanton Museum of Art was gifted (alongside some of the world's finest art museums) part of a 202-piece collection from famed Latin American collector Patricia Phelps de Cisneros.
4. Southern belle of a restaurant debuts in bustling Mueller neighborhood. It's Instagram's world, we're just living in it. From the owners of J. Black’s Feel Good Kitchen & Lounge comes Colleen's Kitchen. Inspired by an aunt of the same name, Colleen's is serving up approachable, family-friendly Southern cuisine plated to garner double-taps.
5. Austin gets one step closer to landing Amazon's second headquarters. And then there were 20. This week, Amazon continued The Bachelor-esque competition to find a spot for its new headquarters. Instead of a rose and ring though, the city gets 50,000 jobs and billions of dollars. But other than that, it's just like the reality show.