The 90th Annual Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays kicks off Wednesday, March 29, at Mike A. Myers Stadium at the University of Texas. Thousands of athletes and spectators from across the state will flock to Austin for the event, which runs through Saturday, April 1. And with them comes even more traffic.
Whether you're heading to the event or avoiding the congestion, be aware of these closures. The stretch of I-35 between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Manor Road will certainly be clogged up, between Friday, March 31, and Sunday, April 2, you can expect the usual downtown Austin closures:
- Sixth Street between Brazos Street and I-35 Southbound frontage road
- Sabine, Red River, Neches, Trinity, and San Jacinto streets between Fifth and Seventh streets
The City of Austin may close additional streets and exit ramps of I-35 downtown between Friday and Sunday. Keep an eye out for the conditional closures listed below.
- I-35 Southbound frontage road at 11th Street
- I-35 Southbound exit ramp to Sixth through Eighth streets
- I-35 Southbound exit ramp to Cesar Chavez Street
- I-35 Northbound frontage road at Sixth Street
- I-35 Northbound exit ramp to Sixth Street
- I-35 Northbound entrance ramp from Seventh Street
- I-35 Northbound frontage road at Eighth Street