Editor's note: Restaurant and bar openings and shuffles lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Highly anticipated new Austin restaurant wows on first taste. We have followed Chef Philip Speer's career since he was a rising pastry chef at Jean-Luc’s Bistro and Starlite. Now, his long-awaited endeavor is open, and we are pleased to report it was well worth the wait.
2. Unbelievable new Austin bar is officially open for business. "The greatest drinkery on earth" has arrived. Unbarlievable, Austin's new circus-themed bar, debuted at 76 Rainey St. during earlier this month.
3. Iconic Austin beer garden snapped up by new operators with big plans. Changes are underway for Austin's historic Scholz Garten. Local gourmet hot dog restaurant, Frank, will take over operations June 1.
4. The most expensive rent around Austin is in this surprising suburb, says report. When it comes to rent, no place is more expensive than Austin, right? Wrong. At least that's what the most recent rent report from Zumper says.
5. Acclaimed Austin restaurant brings the biscuits to new Texas location. For its second location, Southern restaurant Fixe will open in Fort Worth, in the Shops at Clear Fork.