Hot Clicks: A cricket plague, Tex-Mex heroin, apologetic cookies and DaveChappelle's disaster
I hope you made a note to enjoy this week. It's the last time you'll be seeing double-digit numbers on your thermometer for quite some time (read: 108 hellacious degrees slated for multiple days next week).
If you plan to stay inside and away from the scorching sun, catch up on this week's top stories.
We've got everything from a Hollywood-esque drug bust to a story of business so sweet it'll make your teeth rot.
- Dave Chappelle disappointed a lot of people with his lackluster surprise appearance. Or was it the fault of the crowd? Debate it.
- Fancy pants Travel + Leisure magazine ranked two Austin watering holes as among the "Best Outdoor Bars in America."
- Did you know that South 1st Street Tex-Mex joint Jovita's is connected to a heroin drug ring? Now you do.
- You've probably noticed the cricket plague currently overtaking Austin, and my life.
- We learned that Tiff's Treats was born out of a bad date. Who would've thunk it.
That's a wrap on the week. Now, go be young, wild and free!