Badass burgers and Austin restaurant closures top this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Badass burgers across Texas and sudden restaurant closures lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Favorite Austin burger declared one of Texas' best by magazine authority. A new list has our stomachs rumbling. Texas Monthly has released its roundup of the 50 Greatest Burgers in Texas, and one Austin creation ranks among the top five in the state.
2. Popular Tex-Mex chain suddenly closes downtown Austin outpost. On Thursday, downtown Tex-Mex restaurant Cantina Laredo announced its immediate closure. Cantina Laredo was scheduled to close Saturday, but a miscommunication with a health inspector led to a somewhat dramatic shutter during lunch service.
3. Austin real estate market is overheating, but are we headed for a bubble? Austin's real estate market is so hot it's overheating. That's according to a new report from Realtor.com declaring the Capital City No. 3 on a list of overheating housing markets in the U.S.
4. These are the most buzzworthy breweries opening in Austin this year. Austin's craft beer scene is overflowing with new openings, new beers, and new ideas. We've rounded up the most exciting breweries debuting in the second half of 2016.
5. Another Austin neighborhood restaurant suddenly pulls the plug. July 17, was the last day of service at Burnet Road's 416 Bar & Grille. It was open less than a year-and-a-half.