Austin News Feed
Editor's note: Over the course of a week, we come across dozens of newsy tidbits and interesting links that we want to share with you. For this weekly roundup, we gather all the news we found fascinating, horrifying, important and hilarious.
1. John Steinbeck story discovered at UT to be published. Fans of Steinbeck, rejoice! A Steinbeck penned story, "With Your Wings," was found at the University of Texas and will be republished 70 years after it was originally read on Orson Welles' radio program.
2. Hipster walks around Austin for 10 hours. It was only a matter of time before the parodies of this video began. This one of a hipster walking around Austin for 10 hours hits pretty close to home. Asks one of his "harassers": "Wanna try some of my cinnamon kale homebrew?"
3. Match the Fun Fun Fun Fest artist with the food vendor. The Austin Chronicle's odd and humorous take on FFF artists and food vendors is a nice little distraction. (And oddly right on.)
4. Every bar on Dirty Sixth Street ranked from best to worst. Hint: Midnight Cowboy is ranked best. How Thrillist managed to rank the worst was truly an undertaking of epic proportions.
5. KLRU to host discussions before Austin City Council runoff election. Do your civic duty before the December 6 runoff elections and attend the discussion for your district.