Editor's note: For those of you still in holiday vacation mode, congratulations and we're jealous. For those of you trudging through this week along with us, congratulations and we feel your pain. Let us entertain you with our most popular stories of the week.
1. Longtime local chef coasts into South Austin with new seafood restaurant. Jack Gilmore, the chef behind Jack Allen's Kitchen, Salt Trader's Coastal Cooking (and the dad behind Bryce Gilmore), is setting sail for unchartered waters. Specifically, landlocked South Austin.
2. 11 secret Austin venues to turn your next party into an unforgettable affair. Much like choosing a happy hour spot, one of the frustrations of throwing a party is finding a place that's original and not lame. These 11 out-of-the-box spots feature dreamy gardens, hidden hideaways, and so much more.
3. These 10 worst movies stunk up the big screen in 2018. Is there anything worse than a bad movie? Is there anything better than reading a really juicy takedown of a bad movie? How about 10 of them? You're welcome.
4. Big changes coming to South Austin's favorite little park and wading pool. Travis Heights' favorite neighborhood park is closing soon to begin a series of big renovation projects. Check out what's underway.
5. North Austin sandwich shop wraps up, tiny bar squeezes onto Rainey Street, plus more food news. Rainey Street's teensy, tiny, four-seat bar is now open; Noble Sandwich Co. is now closed; and more of the city's hottest food news (including how to score a free private dinner at Franklin Barbecue).